Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Eaton offers power management infrastructure solutions for software-defined data centre architectures including virtualised, cloud and converged/hyperconverged infrastructure environments. We provide organizations with intelligent data centre monitoring and power management solutions, which integrate into VMware, Cisco, NetApp, DELL EMC, HPE and Nutanix architectures and help improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and ensure business continuity. www.eaton.eu/powerquality.
We provide to IT and data rooms of our customers the integrated and intelligent physical infrastructure, which includes power protection (UPS), power distribution (rack PDUs), housing solutions (IT racks) as well as virtualization-ready power management software, which allows monitoring and management of power devices from the virtualization dashboard and trigger disaster recovery policies and live migration of VMs to a backup site or cloud on power and environmental events. We cooperate with leading IT vendors such as VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, NetApp, DELL EMC, HPE, Nutanix and Simplivity .
Top Power management considerations
When it comes to defining the optimum power management solutions for your IT applications, here are some fundamental questions to consider:
Your IT application
- How often do you refresh and maintain your IT hardware (including servers)? What about your UPS and power distribution equipment?
- If you have a converged data voice network, have you protected all critical switches?
- If you have virtualised your servers, have you considered the impact on your UPS equipment?
- What would happen if the power went out at your facility—right now?
- Have you thought about the impact of damaged or corrupted data?
- How much energy do your UPS units consume? How efficient are they?
- What side UPS do you need? (kVA or W)
- What voltage is currently available at your site?
- What voltage do you need?
- What runtime do you want?
- Are there any clearances or size constraints?
- Do you have bypass requirements?
- What types of input and output connections are required?
- Is there a generator on site?
- Does the UPS need to be scalable?
- Do you need redundancy?
- How is power getting from the UPS to your equipment?
- What do you want your power distribution devices to be able to meter, monitor and manage?
- Do you need racks, enclosures, floor stands or rail kits?
- Is a maintenance bypass switch needed?
- Are unorganised cables hindering your efficiency or becoming a safety concern?
- Do you need to have orderly schedule shutdowns?
- Do you want to remotely monitor the UPS and rack power distribution units?
- Would you like to remotely notify others of UPS and rack PDU events?
- How will your UPS software manage virtual servers during an extended power outage?
- Does your power management software integrate easily with your virtualisation platforms?
- Do you need immediate factory response once you register some issues with your power management solution?
- What kind of parts and labour coverage do you need?
- Do you want any type of preventive maintenance?
- When’s the last time checked the batteries in your existing UPS units?
The Eaton Power Advantage Partner Program is designed to help you grow your business with Eaton’s intelligent power management technology. It offers tangible advantages like margin benefits, business development opportunities, and comprehensive marketing and sales support. It helps increase your revenues and margins and offer your customers the best service and support with Eaton. As part of Eaton’s Power Advantage Partner Program you’ll have access to the resources, tools and support that you need to build a successful and profitable power management business. http://powerquality.eaton.com/UK/PowerAdvantage/default.asp?cx=101. Or if people already have access use this link: www.eaton.com/power-advantage-gb